Hello der my pals.
Well sume ob woo will know dat da mum & I started off dis year with doing a walkies challenge to walk 30 minutes fur 30 days ob January.
We haf sume good noos & sume not so good noos to repawt about dat challenge. It haf been a fery good learning fur us bof.
First ob all we hafs to say dat we did not do efury single day ob da Challenge. So, sume paws might fink dat we failed. But we pawfurs to look at da good fings what we haf achieved and da fings what we haf learned dat will help us to be better at walkies & being healfy in da futures. So fur us we is counting it as a success.
Dis is sume writings abowt owr experiences and owr learnings.
Da Good fings
- Da first fing what we was sooper doper happy abowt was dat da hudad & my Izzy did decide dat they wud come wif us most efury time. Dat was fery good because we doesn’t always get to do fings as a family wif da four ob us. Well, I guess strickly if it was da WHOLE family dat stinky cat wud come too. But he haf no interest in walkies. So we goes wif da four ob us 😉
- We was sooper pleased abowt going walkies in owr forest again. We is fery lucky to haf sume ob owr luvly Noo Zealand bush (forest) right by us. But we haf not been able to do walkies der bekcause ob da bad poisons fur da mean ole possums. But now we did get a few walkies in der which was fery nice. We haf remembered how luvly it does be in owr bush & how we all feels better when we does haf some time owt der. It does be good fur owr mentals whefur we haf two leggies or four leggies.
- We haf gone from walkies once in a while on random days, to walkies on a more regular basis. So dat be an excellent fing. We haf found dat we is not good at doing da same walkies fur da same time each day. Which does not really be suprizing bekcause my hoomans is not known fur hafing a regular life wif fings da same each day & each week. But we is ok wif doing short walkies sume days & long walkies sume days & no walkies when it just not be right wif da weafur. We haf realised dat is da fing fur us and we shud not be ofur bofured abowt ‘routine.
- We haf been ob encouragement to a pal on da Twitter. @clingycat’s mum haf been getting in to doing walkies too. She haf some ob da same fings like us wif weafur trubles & missing da odd day here & der. But we haf all decided not to beat owrselves up if we does miss sume days. Da most impawtant fing is dat we is ALL doing much much better wif owr walkies than efur before.
- We haf learnt da I is good fur walkies off da leash – when der is no hoomans arownd. In fact I walks much nicer off da walking string and I is good at coming back. In fact wreally I doesn’t like to get too far aways from da hoomans anyways. And da hudad is getting much better at trusting me to stay near him & to not go running off, so we haf bof benefitted from regular walkies.
Da Not-So-Good fings
1) At da moment der be anofur little problem wif owr bush. It does be called hook grass. Dat be like a kind ob grass wif nasty sharp little seeds what hooks demselves onto furs and such like. Sume ob wooo do haf burrs & stickers and fings like dat. We does haf hook grass. Usually dey be a bit innoying, but da hoomans does get them all off us pritty well. However, dis year, da Council workermans haf slashed dem all down just when dey all dry & prickly. Dey be laying all ofur da path & we does be getting dem stuck right on owr feets. We bof doesn’t like it one bit. We hops along & tries do shake dem off & nom dem off but it not werk. Da hoomans not want us to get one sticked right in owr paws, so we leave da bush fur a bit until dey all gone aways.
2) We haf discovered dat right now when it does be so hot here dat we is better wif walkies maybe efury ofur day. We gets qwite completely exhaustipated wif a 30 minute walkies & some zoomies. And da mum just does not like da heats, not one bit. It not really cool down until it well dark which does be qwite qwite late. I did haf a trouble one night where I did get ofur heated altogefur. I did frow up when we got home & I wasn’t maiself at all. I did not efen want to haf a drink. So da hoomans qwick smart putted me in a cool baf & splashed me down wif waters and keeped me der fur a bit until I stopped wif da crazeee panting and looked like I was more comfortable& haf some little drinks ob water. So now I is not allowed to do zoomies if it does be warm. Which does be booooooring. But den, I guess I is an old fella now & maybe I can’t do da fings what I did when I was a young fella. Or maybe it does just be one ob da most hottest summer what we haf had for 10 years.
3) Dat Izzy & me does bof be TERRIBUL at walking nice on da leash. We does be bof wanting to be in front & all kinds ob bad manners. So der be sume werk fur da hoomans & us to do der, but we all knows were we is all now. So dat does be kind ob useful.
So ofur all, we is fery happy wif owr walkies Challenge experience & we is carrying on wif anofur walkies challenge now. It does be da Idita-Walk – if woo clicks woo can find owt more. We haf started counting da minutes already, be we needs to register. @Clinycat’s mumma is doing it too & ob course owr geocaching pal Gizmo! So it not too late to join us yet. Efen if woo not want to register on da website, woo can count your walkies minutes fur February & March and see if woo get to 1049 minutes. Or just try to beat us wif da minutes woo get!! BOL